[Kartbuilding] sourcing wheels

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Dec 22 23:31:36 GMT 2008

Hi,

An equivalent to those wheels in the link below might be off a small
scooter/moped. The spoked wheels off a moped would be metal however and
would weigh a good bit more.
You could also look to taking the wheels of a pedal kart. E.g:
http://www.buckleycycles.ie/GoKarts.html
It could cost a bit however. On some of my earlier karts, I used the
spoked pnuematic wheels of small children's bycycles. These worked
reasonable, however would not take hard cornering or too much weight.