[Kartbuilding] back axle

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Feb 24 21:47:38 GMT 2008

Hi Kevin,

For the rear "live" axle where the wheels and axle turn together - Yes,
typically I put a line of weld to secure the hub to the axle. See:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/DSC04620.JPG.html
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/DSC04621.JPG.html

Typically this works fine for general purpose karting. For something more
permanent, then keyway and "pinch bolt" would be required. See:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_07_Rear_Wheels_and_Hubs.pdf

I hope this answers your question. If you have any more questions, just
let us know.