[Kartbuilding] dunebuggy transmission

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Feb 24 21:57:57 GMT 2008

Hi James,

Is this the kart you have:
http://www.madeinchina.com/1689715/S2148508/250cc-Go-Kart-s-250gkc-2.shtml

As for "its slipping and won't engage", you would have to be a little more
descriptive. Is there an automatic or manual clutch? Does it have a manual
gearbox?

It sounds like it could just be the clutch and it may be a little worn.
Does the kart move at all? in any gear?

Depending on your skill level, you might be able to remove the clutch and
see if the friction pads/shoes are worn and look for replacements. As for
where to get replacements or spare parts, Im afraid I dont know. Your best
bet is to go looking in google yourself.

You would have to find out a little more information about the
transmission, specifically the clutch. Also - did you check to see if the
gearbox or clutch require oil? Some clutches are "oil/wet" based and need
a full bath of oil to prevent them from overheating.

Apologies I cant be of more help.