[Kartbuilding] kart plans

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Feb 24 22:05:23 GMT 2008

Hi Adam,

Im glad you liked the "simple wooden" gokart plans on
www.kartbuilding.net. I see your point how your son would like a steering
wheel - its a lot more fun indeed and can feel like driving a car.
Im afraid however that there isn't plans for a metal front steering
assembly for this wooden kart. I did remember seeing a steering setup for
a wooden kart in a "Woodwork hobby" magazine a good few years ago, however
I dont have a copy.

I suggest you take a look at the other kart plans on the above website and
piece the bits together. See:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/faxle.htm
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/steering.htm
You could also take a look at the street kart plans on:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Highway_Street_Kart_1962/index.html
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Highway_Street_Kart_1962/original_plans_in_pdf/Build_Your_Own_Street_Legal_Kart--Modern_Mechanix.pdf

Hopefully you will be able to get it working. If you do manage to get the
kart up and running, feel free to send on a picture to help others.