[Kartbuilding] dunebuggy transmission

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Feb 24 23:41:39 GMT 2008

Hi James,

Take a look at the following PDF to see if your dunebuggy is listed:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/PlAnS/catalog_bike.pdf

You said "When you first start off...the gears won't engage good..".
So - is the transmission working at all? - or is it just when you start
off?

Is it only when the kart is started first? i.e. cold engine?

As it is an "Automatic" then the clutch is also an automatic, and more
than likely a "wet based clutch". I suggest you check the gearbox oil and
change/replace it. You can get different grades of "automatic gearbox" oil
to suit cold conditions etc.