[Kartbuilding] ackerman angle

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Jun 24 20:43:43 IST 2008

Hi Doug,

Yes - the ackerman angle also applies the same for steering arms pointing
forwards in a Y direction. The only thing with this method is that the
steering arm can come close to the tyre.

I'll try some ascii art here:

0000 \-----track rod------/  0000
0000  \                  /   0000
0000     |             |     0000
0000     |             |     0000
              CHASSIS

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, just shout.