[Kartbuilding] questions about the kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Jun 16 20:41:44 IST 2008

Hi Trent,

The engine I used for the Wooden Kart was off a push mower.
On the following page:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/woodenkart/chassis_explained.htm
V-Pulleys are used. V-Belts and pulleys are used so that the drive belt
will not slip off as it is rotating through 90 degrees. As long as the
v-belt is kept tensioned/tight, it will not come off.

I hope the above explaination helps.