[Kartbuilding] Need Help

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri May 23 22:10:31 IST 2008

Hi Nancy,

The following page on the Kartbuilding website outline how a Lawnmower
engine can be used to power a simple wooden cart:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/woodenkart/index.html

Ideally an engine with a horizontal output shaft would be best for a cart.
It is possible to use a vertical output shaft engine on a kart and the
above webpage describes the method.

See also:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/woodenkart/chassis_explained.htm

The setup uses a "belt and pulleys" method to transfer the power from the
engine to the rear axle.

Best of Luck with the build,
-steve