[Kartbuilding] kart plans

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sat Nov 1 00:11:34 GMT 2008

Hu Guy,

Glad to hear you are finding the kart plans useful. Thanks for the
feedback.

As for printing the kart plans out in full size on a plotter - this could
be a bit tricky.

Do you have a copy of AutoCAD or DWGEditor? I could send you a DWG of the
kart plans in full size. You could tweak the drawing as necessary in
DWG/AutoCAD before sending it to the plotter.
I could try sending an eDrawing of the 2D kart plans and you could test
printing it out full size. It might take a little trial and error to get
the correct size page, A0 been the size you can use with your plotter?

If you can let me know what particular drawings you want in full size,
whether you have access to AutoCAD/DWGEditor, and what size page you can
print to, I'll see what I can do.
Is it the plans from this page you are looking for:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/index.html  ?
Is it just the "Chassis" drawing you need in full size?

Having a lathe and mill will allow you to make good fitting components.
Simple things like bushings for the steering column etc. are easily done
on a lathe, instead of having to search for correct pipe sections etc. As
for time, I know all about it. Things seem to fly :)

If you take any photos along the way when making the kart, feel free to
forward them on and I can put them on the kartbuilding website to help
other fellow kartbuilders.