[Kartbuilding] RACING GOKARTS CAMBER...

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sat Aug 22 14:44:35 IST 2009

Hi Darren,

First, take a look at the following urls to become familiar:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/faxle.htm
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_04_Front_Stub_Axles_and_KingPins.pdf
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/07/12/steering-geometry-and-setup-for-go-karts/

If you are in doubt about the camber angle, then an angle of 0 will
suffice for general applications. If you see on the last URL above on the
blog website, there is an image showing the Camber Angle. It's the angle
of the front axle pivot. If you are at the front of the kart, looking
towards the kart, you will see the Camber Angle. When measuring this
angle, make sure the front wheels are pointed forward (straight).

I hope this helps.