[Kartbuilding] Kart building

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Wed Dec 2 20:59:56 GMT 2009

Hi Dan,

The motorbike engine (135cc) would be much much better for a kart. The
50cc engines from a scooter are very small. They also tend to be automatic
with no manual gears. Their top speed would be slow also.

Regarding the chassis in blue shown, the person who made it wrote a little
on it at the bottom of the page:
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/OtherPeoplesKarts/OscarForand/
I know that chassis was quite complicated and in two halves to allow the
chassis to flex and allow the kart to corner and handle well.