[Kartbuilding] Wow....i dont even know what to say about that! (fwd)

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Feb 1 23:09:36 GMT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009
From: Erik
To: Stephen Burke
Subject: Re: Wow....i dont even know what to say about that!

i'll send a pic of the 3 wheeler b/c the 24 hp kart is back under constructioin
and the riding mower is waiting on custom hubs ( so i can interchange all my
rims and tires between all my toyz) and a coil ( which is like $60).  As for
the torque converter on the v-twin , im noty going to use it now b/c the shaft
size is too big for the one i have....the correct drive pulley will cost almost
$250....im going to use a HD twin pulley clutch that was on the machine i took
the motor off of. My only concern is the ratio of the clutch and drive pulley.
They are close to the same size( with the axle pulley a little bigger than the
clutch). Fortunantly the engine has the torque to turn my cart on a 1:1
ratio....how well i dont know though, we'll see i guess.
I have another kart that im buiolding for my neices ( step brother really so he
can take them 4 rides and such) which is a "Streaker" 2 seater with a 5.5 Honda
with a standard clutch. just a run of the mill kart for the kids....
Anyways, keep up the good work on ur site and on ur "hoop-tees"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Burke"
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:26 AM