[Kartbuilding] some question

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sat Feb 21 17:19:04 GMT 2009

Hi,

They are using a "Centrifugal Clutch" on that kart. See:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/06/26/using-a-centrifugal-clutch-and-chain-drive/
A centrifugal clutch is an automatic clutch worked on the engine throttle.
In that video, the driver's right foot comes off the gas/accelerator pedal
just before they change gear.

The link above shows how you can use a centrifugal clutch.
A "Honda 50" uses this exact same setup, albeit an older and slower gear
change.