[Kartbuilding] Go kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Feb 16 22:12:01 GMT 2009

Hi Parintr,

Yes - you can place the motor/engine behind the seat.

There is nothing different with putting the engine behind the seat.
Simply make the engine cradle as normal. (
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_15_Engine_Cradle.pdf
)
Then weld the cradle mount points behind the seat as in:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_16_Engine_Cradle_Support.pdf

As for the "blue thing in the picture", I'm not sure what picture you are
on about. What web link/page are you referring to?