[Kartbuilding] your mail

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Jan 4 22:42:40 GMT 2009

Hi,

The best engine to use to get speed is a motorbike engine. A 125cc or
250cc motorbike engine would be ideal. It would have gears also which will
make it much easier to reach a top speed.

Note: driving a go-kart at 60mph can be very dangerous. You would need to
spend money on proper bearings making sure everything is aligned
perfectly. You would also need very good wheels to make sure the kart
would handle the speed.