[Kartbuilding] your mail

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Jul 26 21:58:20 IST 2009

Hi Ben,

Yes, you could indeed make the kart from aluminium tube. It would require
extra members and gussets to strengthen the chassis. It would also be more
difficult to make, as welding aluminium is much more difficult than
welding steel. You could bolt an aluminium chassis together, however I
wouldn't be too keen on this as it wouldn't be very strong.

Either way you will be able to make the kart OK.