[Kartbuilding] thx for the differnet formats

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Jun 4 00:11:10 IST 2009

Hi Alex,

1 inch square tubing with a wall thickness of 14 guage (which is 0.0747in
and 1.9mm) should be strong enough for a general purpose kart. If your
kart will be taking a lot of weight and wear & tear, I would go for a
slightly heavier guage.

I have a 100cc motorbike engine on my karts. See:
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/DSC04640.JPG.html
A general purpose engine will also suffice. See:
http://kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/enginemounting.htm
As for where to buy such an engine, you could look on ebay ( www.ebay.com
) or ask around in a local motorbike repair store.

Thanks for your comments about the kartbuilding.net website. I'm glad you
find it useful.
Go-Karting can be dangerous, however taking a few safety precautions can
help minimise this. Always make sure you have plenty of space when driving
the kart. Make sure there are no people, moving objects etc. that you
could crash into if you lost control. Always make sure your brakes work.
Wearing a safety helmet, gloves and overalls will also help in the case of
an accident.
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01157.JPG.html
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01177.JPG.html