[Kartbuilding] Child kart.

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri May 29 23:25:35 IST 2009

Hi Louis-Charles,

1 - The straight metal strip. Well it looked like it had some purpose :-)

2 - I thought they were pipe connectors. That was a good idea. Did you use
any "loctite" on the threads? Loctite is a paste you can put on thread
before pieces screw together. It prevents parts from becoming loose. I
suppose you wont have this problem as the steering arm won't be able to
rotate.
If you have any more photos/videos do send them on. I would be interested
in writing an article/set of plans based on your completed kart. Basically
I'd just need photos/video of each area, and some text can be added. I
hope that some day I'll be able to get back into making karts, and I can
document the process to help people.

3 - Good idea about having the engine mounted on a sliding base. I never
thought of that as an idea. You could use a lever and a 3rd pulley wheel.
See how it goes.
If you've any questions, just ask.

Feel free to send on any photos/videos of your progress and I can put them
on the www.kartbuilding.net website to help others.