[Kartbuilding] wheels for go-kart?

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Oct 15 19:38:09 IST 2009

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the slow reply.
Your email made be laugh! Indeed there are very spoked wheels that used to
be on baby carriages around these days!

I suggest getting spoked wheels from a small childrens bicycle. They
should do fine. Try and get the small ones, 12" in diameter (300mm). You
may need to remove the axle and bearings and make it fit an axle.

Take a look at the following wooden kart plans (albeit use a lawnmower
engine) which go over the sourcing of parts and wheels for this type of
kart:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Lawnmower_Powered_Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/