[Kartbuilding] Go-karts

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sat Sep 5 16:38:59 IST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Take a look at the following blog post I created:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2009/08/03/plans-for-a-wooden-go-kart-powered-by-a-lawnmower-engine/

In particular take a look at the Â3D Model. Download the following 3D of
the Kart with v drive-belt transmission:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/PlAnS/Lawnmower-Powered-Wooden-Go-Kart-3dVia.exe
(Right-click drag to rotate, roll middle mouse wheel to zoom).

Because it's a v-drive-belt it will not come off the pulley wheels and as
a result will be capable of twisting through 90 degrees transferring the
power from the engine to the rear axle.