[Kartbuilding] need a help for makin go kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Apr 25 17:10:21 IST 2010

Hi Saurabh Gupta,

Thanks for your email. I'm glad to hear that you are finding the
www.kartbuilding.net website useful.

For the wheels for the kart. I just used wheelbarrow wheels on my kart.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wheelbarrow.jpg
If you wanted to purchase rims and tyres, you could use ebay. See:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=go+kart+wheels&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359

For the gears in a motorbike engine. It would be easiest just to leave the
engine in 2nd gear. It would be a lot of work to remove the gearbox from a
motorbike engine. You could try, however generally the oil used would be
the same for the engine and gearbox. Therefore if you remove the gearbox
section, oil would leak out.
My advice is just to leave the motorbike engine in 2nd gear and go with
that.

I hope this helps.