[Kartbuilding] Go Kart Plans Book?

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Apr 25 17:30:39 IST 2010

Hello Yvette,

Thanks for your email.
I have come across many books on go kart building, however none of which
were specificaly for building a "wooden" go-kart.
I'm currently doing a book review of:
http://www.amazon.com/Build-Your-Off-Road-Buggy-little/dp/1859606423

It however is for building a metal go-kart and covers welding amongst all
the other details.

------------------

Another book on karts, karting in general and building karts is:
The NatSKA guide to karts and karting
by Brian Lord
Published in 1984, Castrol, Educational Division (Swindon)
See:
http://openlibrary.org/b/OL20863975M/NatSKA_guide_to_karts_and_karting

I highly recommend this book. It has lots of information on making various
go-karts including some few
details on one from plywood.
It also has lots of information on karting in general. It also has an
educational focus and talks about making a go-kart in a classroom
environment.
I think this book could be out of print however.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Stephen