[Kartbuilding] How to build a go kart?

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Aug 2 17:21:41 IST 2010

Hi Jordan,

There is plenty of information, plans and photos on making the racing
kart. See:
http://kartbuilding.net/racingkart/index.html
http://kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Old_Racing_Kart/racingkart.htm

The first thing you want to do is to source all the parts required. The
main ones been:
4 wheels, 1 engine, seat. Most of the rest can be fabricated.

You'll want to spend most of the time making the chassis.
Depending on what time you have available, but I'd say it will take 1-2
full days to make the chassis. Again, if you read the website, you will
see how to draw out the chassis on the ground using chalk, and then to cut
the pieces of tubing to the correct length and layout on the ground. Then
you'll have to get your welder friend to weld the chassis carefully so it
does not twist out of shape.

All in all, 4-6 weekends solid will get the kart made.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.