[Kartbuilding] CAD for Kart (fwd)

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Sun Dec 5 11:04:01 GMT 2010

Hi Sean,

That Warner R4 bike powered road car is very impressive. www.wr4.co.uk

As for getting the design plans, why not contact the person who designed
and built it? http://www.wr4.co.uk/#/content/Introduction/

While there is a lot of information on the kart on the Internet, it would
take a lot of time and effort to produce the plans for. Even if I or
someone I knew could reverse engineer this car and produce the plans with
CAD, I'm sure the design is copyrighted by the original person on
www.wr4.co.uk

I think you should contact the main person and see wha they say. They'll
also know how much it cost and all the issues and problems that were
involved with the build.
See also:
http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2371-Warner-R4-Build-Diary
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=54042&page=1
http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/projects-progress/5234-r4-bike-powered-road-car-3.html
http://www.allquests.com/question/3939168/Warner-R4-My-2-year-project-finally-OTR.html

It might be possible to buy a kit to make this car. It would be the
quickest and easiest way to get this made. Again info at wr4.co.uk would know
if there are kits available to make this car.

As for cost, I'm sure it would cost a few 1000 Euros to make this car,
with buying all the parts alone.

There are plenty of other similar kit cars out there. Search for the Ariel
Atom kit car.