[Kartbuilding] Kart design

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Jun 8 19:35:53 IST 2010

Hi Rueben,

The type of kart you are looking for so would be the "Simple Wooden
Go-Kart" as on: http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/index.html

Old information about this kart can be found on:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/woodenkart/index.html
A fellow kartbuilder submitted these photos of the kart he made:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/OtherPeoplesKarts/high-school-bogey/

Take a look through the following sections:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/other_karts/other_karts.html
I know most of the karts there are in metal, but you might get some ideas.

As for how to "wow" the judges, it depends on what they are looking for.
Apart from the exact specifications was there anything else mentioned?
Perhaps you could make a "fold up" wooden kart. Storing karts in a
garage can take up a lot of room. Perhaps if you could have the wooden
kart either fold up easily or disassemble easily that would be a cool idea.