[Kartbuilding] need some information

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Jun 8 19:40:33 IST 2010

Hi,

It would be feasible to add gears to the drive of a go-kart.

Go-karts with a single speed can be limited. Typically they have either
a fast top speed, or high torque (take-off) with medium speed.
All my go-karts have a transmission, typically off a motorbike engine
which provides gears and a clutch.

You will see some of the modifications I done to gearboxes and engines
on: http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/

Another idea would be to look at making an Electrical powered Kart.
Electrical vehicles are becoming very popular these days. A similar
report was done by a fellow kartbuilder and can be found at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/other_karts/Making_an_Electric_Vehicle.pdf
Perhaps you could build upon this and improve it.