[Kartbuilding] Projects in Kartbuilding

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Thu Oct 14 22:03:42 IST 2010

 Hi Kuldeep,

Are you looking specifically for "design problems" while making karts in
general?

The steering setup on karts is always an area of difficult to get
correct. The reason for this is due to the live rear axle without a
differential. With both rear wheels attached to the live rear axle, it
can make cornering difficult.
Ideally you would use a differential (out of a rear wheel drive car
etc.), but that increases the weight of the kart too much.

I'm not sure if you are going to have "suspension" on your kart. All the
plans on kartbuilding.net do not have any suspension, and just use a
simple ladder type chassis. When using suspension, there are many more
considerations and questions regarding the front end of the kart and
steering, aswell as how to drive the rear axle.

If you have any specific question, email me and I'll see if I can answer.