[Kartbuilding] 30102010179.jpg (fwd)

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Sat Oct 30 16:04:20 IST 2010

Hi Marvin,

Not bad. Just to let you know: I had awful trouble using chains and
sprockets off a bike/bycycle. The chain just wouldn't stay on. I even
modified the sprockets to have side shoulders on to keep the chain on,
however this didn't work great either.

The bycycle chains may work for you, but I had to use thicker sprockets
and a chain off a motorbike.
Are you going for a "direct drive" so? The chain been driven directly off
the engine. I ran this setup for a while. It worked ok. Just needed
someone to push start the kart and off it would go.

Best of luck with the moving. Hope you'll have a nice big garage in your
new place :)

-steve