[Kartbuilding] racing go kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Mon Sep 27 21:56:37 IST 2010

Hi Austin,

No. The karts on kartbuilding.net don't have a plastic body or
rubber/plastic body parts.

I'm sure you could either buy or make a plastic body/shell for a kart. I
know a few people who done so out of fiberglass. This would involve making
a timber frame and getting some fiberglass which I'm sure would be costly.
Then also would be the spraying of paint etc.
It might be easier to get an old/broken plastic body of a donor/old kart
and adapt it to suit.

You could go a simpler approach and just have "pods" and heavy plastic to
form an outer bumper. See:
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Commercial_Karts-Photos_and_Details/DSC02143.JPG.html