[Kartbuilding] Go kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Apr 12 22:51:07 IST 2011

Hi Kyle,

Cheers for the info. Yep, I've been saying ebay is the place to buy
parts for go-karts, especially if you are living close and don't have to
pay much for shipping. Glad to hear you got a good grade!

As for the sprocket, I remember having to swap out and change sprockets.
To make things easier I cut the sprocket with an angle-grinder. This
allowed me to remove and fit a new sprocket. Of course I had to weld the
sprocket together once bolted onto the sprocket carrier.
See:
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/?g2_page=5

I totally agree. Its a ton of fun to drive a kart with gears. You can
get great torque in low gears, and then good speed in top gears.