[Kartbuilding] suggestion

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Apr 12 22:41:56 IST 2011

Hi Ayan,

There are further information on the steering setup at the following page:
http://kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/steering.htm

The track rods link the two pivoting front wheels.
The Steering column, when turned by the steering wheel, moves the track
rods from side to side (via the drop-arm).

Make sure that the pivoting front wheels are setup correctly. This can
be the hardest bit to do.

As for "draw chassis"...if you're looking to build the kart, then I
suggest you get some chalk, and draw out the full size of the kart
chassis on the ground. You can then cut lengths of steel tubing and
place it down on the ground checking that all the pieces line up with
the correct lengths and angles. You will then need to weld, or get
someone to weld the steel tubing together.