[Kartbuilding] Front stub axles and Kingins. Off road Karts

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Thu Aug 4 00:17:46 IST 2011

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the feedback and photos.

Good job with the kart. It looks well finished and good and solid. Its a
nice interesting method of doing the rear axle. I had issues before using
a single solid rear axle, trying to get a small enough diameter to get the
wheel to spin freely on. The way you have it done, the bearings are
incorporated.

I do get a lot of two-seater queries from people. You have a good setup.
Would you think of having the rear seat adjustable so, if there is just
one person driving, they could move their seat forward, reach the steering
wheel and manage the brake?
Photos of a kart with adjustable seat:
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/OtherPeoplesKarts/Electric-Kart-UL/24052011136.jpg.html
I know also that putting brakes on the front
wheels would provide much more stopping power, and the way you have the
front wheels setup, it wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Thanks again for the email and photos. If you want, and if you have any
more photos, feel free to email them on, and I can put them in the
kartbuilding gallery to give inspiration to others.
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/OtherPeoplesKarts/

-Steve