[Kartbuilding] wooden go kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Fri Feb 4 22:09:30 GMT 2011

Hi Jason,

So you are going to build a wooden go-kart as a project. A few things you
would need to ask yourself:

1. Do you want a Steering Wheel?
2. Do you want Brakes on the Kart?
3. How heavy will the people using the Kart be?
4. Do you have any money to buy materials for the kart?

There are two main sets of plans on the kartbuilding.net website:
1. http://kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/index.html
2. http://kartbuilding.net/Wooden-Push-Cart/

The first kart there can be made from various bits of timber, however it
does not have a steering wheel. The second kart has a steering wheel, but
is made from a sheet of plywood, and would not be as strong as the first
kart.

If you have any specific question just ask.