[Kartbuilding] Is it possible?

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Sun Jan 16 16:39:42 GMT 2011

Hi Ian,

You're the first person to ask about having a dog tow your kart! I never
done that myself.

I suggest you make the wooden go-kart first and then adapt it to see if
you can get a harness for the dog to tow it along. I suggest you make
the following kart: http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/
You might have to get a neighbour or friend to help you make the kart if
your not good with DIY.

You can tie a rope to the front axle (as it pivots and turns) and
somehow connect it to the dogs collar etc. in a safe way. You might have
to ask your folks or neighbour on using a harness with the husky. I'm
not sure would it be possible. It would only work at best on flat ground
with no hills.
You could always build a kart and just have pedals (
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2010/01/28/want-some-pedal-power-for-your-wooden-go-kart/
)