[Kartbuilding] Wooden Kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Tue Jun 7 23:27:08 IST 2011

Hi Shelby,

The Wooden Kart should hold 200 pounds (90kg). The axles would hold OK.
You would want to make sure you have strong wheels. Spoked wheels of a
bicycle may not be strong enough. With hard cornering and 200 pounds the
spokes loosened on one of my wooden karts.

If you look at the axle assembly of the wooden kart,
http://kartbuilding.net/Lawnmower_Powered_Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/front-axle-assembly.html
there is little cantilevering of the metal axle, as the wooden Axle
Support surrounds the axle.