[Kartbuilding] collaboration request

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Mar 1 21:24:59 GMT 2011

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your email. I had someone emailing me a few months ago
enquiring about creating a harness for a dog to pull along a kart. I
didn't think it would be common, but searching google for the Sacco-Kart
returned lots of results. I think the following video shows it best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP-J40sb33s

Indeed I agree that this type of kart design could take off albeit it is
a niche area.

So, do you hope to:
Design a Sacco-Kart and produce manufacturing drawings?
Produce and sell the Sacco-Kart?

What I suggest is as follows:
1. On paper draw out a design for a Sacco-Kart. Draw out as many of the
details as possible choosing dimensions you think suitable.
2. Instead of using SolidWorks (if you don't have access to it, or a
computer to run it), use the following 2D CAD Package -
www.draftsight.com  This 2D CAD Package is free for commercial use.
There are also many tutorials and videos available which will show you
how to use this CAD Package. While it won't allow you to create a 3D
Model, it will allow you to create neat manufacturing drawings.
Draftsight will run on any computer and has minimal requirements. It's
very like AutoCAD software which you may have used before.
3. Build a prototype and test.

I hope the above helps. Let me know how it all goes.