[Kartbuilding] thanks for feed back

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Fri May 6 18:50:37 IST 2011

Hi Bruce,

I'm only too happy to email my thoughts and feedback.
I'm here in Ireland. It shows how global the internet is. People email
from all directions about kart queries.

Ah! I didn't realise there was a centifugal clutch built into the motor!
That makes things nice and easy. Did you procure the engine specially or
was it re-purposed from somewhere else such as a water pump or generator?
I'm sure the students liked the idea of dipping the chassis! I was
wondering if one or two of them had to go painting it manually :-)
The chassis does look very well with the zinc finish. It makes a job of it.
Are the pedals a little on the big side?

That is interesting about the three wheeled suzuki motor bike. Was it a
sort of trike? Did it have a single front wheel to steer with? The
method you have adopted with the single rear drive wheel makes things a
little easier, in that you don't need to have a differential (if you had
of used a solid live rear axle).

-steve