[Kartbuilding] Speed

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue May 3 19:51:51 IST 2011

Hi Conor,

Typically any lawnmower engine that you can get your hands on will do.

If you are going buying or sourcing an engine, it would be best to get a
"General Purpose Engine" from a water pump or generator as these engines
have a "horizontal" output drive shaft and this would make things easier
as the drive belt wouldn't have to twist.

A 5HP engine would be good to start with.