[Kartbuilding] Older go cart i'm trying to buils for my son

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Mon May 2 15:48:04 IST 2011

Hi Clark,

It is possible to carefully cut a rear sprocket into two pieces, attach
to the rear sprocket carrier and weld back together.
This does require a welder however, or getting someone who has a welder
for 5 minutes.

This is what I done. It made changing sprockets much easier on the rear
axle, as I didn't want to have to remove the bearings and wheels. Photos
of sprokets I cut and re-welded can be seen at:
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01026.JPG.html
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01027.JPG.html
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01028.JPG.html
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/d/54096-1/DSC04705.JPG

I think it is something that you will have to get made up however. I
never seen a two piece rear sprocket that you could buy.

I hope this helps. Best of luck,
-steve