[Kartbuilding] Kart wheels

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Sun May 22 23:53:21 IST 2011

Hi Bernie,

The wheels all depend on the type of go-kart you are trying to make.

Option 1:
Wheelbarrow wheels welded to the rear axle
Simple and cheap and quick ->
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/DSC04686.JPG.html

Option 2:
Wheels from a small trailer or caravan.
This is more expensive, requires hubs also. This would result in a better
build however.
(e.g. http://www.deevys.com/images/1282776431_MP711.JPG )

Option 3:
Wheels from a moped or scooter

Option 4:
Look for wheels from various suitable trollies
( e.g. http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/DSCF0526.JPG.html )

Option 5:
Wheels from a tractor (or ride-on) lawnmower.

Option 6:
Wheels from a Quad/ATV

Hopefully some of the ideas above may give you some ideas.