[Kartbuilding] Boys & Girls Clubs of The NorthTowns - Annie's Place Teen Center hope you can help guide me on a fundraiser I am hoping to do

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Mon Nov 21 19:58:29 GMT 2011

Hi Christine,

I'm glad you liked the Red Bull race idea. It would indeed be
interesting to see if you hear anything back from them. Hopefully
they'll get back to you with mode ideas and help.

I think you are correct in not having an engine. I think the adult soap
box derby cart idea is a good one. Perhaps you could have/require a 2
person team where there is sort of a relay race and both people must
take turns driving.
There are plenty of other ideas, including qualifying times, and then a
final race.

I think the recycled parts idea is very good. Lots of people have old
bicycles, prams, seats etc. which can be used.
You could even do a prize for most whacky kart design, and best use of
recycled parts prize.

The future is green, as they say.

Best of luck with it. Feel free to drop me an email and let us know how
it goes.

-Steve