[Kartbuilding] Simple wooden go kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Sun Feb 5 11:59:49 GMT 2012

Hi Mikaila,

To be honest, I don't know how much the simple wooden go kart would cost
if you had to buy all the required parts.
I would have made it from pieces of scrap timber.

You would require:
3 Meters of 200x100 Pine  (makes up main chassis, front and rear axles)
9 Meters of 100x25 Pine (Sides of chassis, floor of chassis)
1.5 Meters of Diameter 15mm solid Steel Bar (for axles)
4 Spoked Wheels
Some washers, and split pins.

If you took that list to a local hardware supplier they would be able to
tell you how much it would cost.