[Kartbuilding] your mail

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Feb 8 20:18:16 GMT 2012

Hi,

Do you have suspension on your kart? If so, then this makes things more
tricky and I don't have plans or details which cover the steering geometry
for these type of karts.

For karts with no suspension, there are plenty of details on how to setup
the steering. See:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_03_Chassis.pdf
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_04_Front_Stub_Axles_and_KingPins.pdf

http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Old_Racing_Kart/kingpins.htm
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/faxle.htm

Lastly, a blog article on the steering setup can be found at:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/07/12/steering-geometry-and-setup-for-go-karts/

If you have any specific questions, just drop us an email.