[Kartbuilding] Questions for building a kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Thu Feb 9 18:39:00 GMT 2012

Hi Shashank,

I'm glad you find the kartbuilding website useful and interesting.

Cost of a Petrol Engine:
An second-hand engine (from a generator or small water pump) will
typically cost $100.
However if you look hard enough, you may get an old engine (from a
lawnmower) for $0.

Cost of an Electrical Motor:
I've no idea of the cost here. Perhaps you can get a starter motor from a
car?
I suggest you read the following project by a fellow kartbuilder on making
electrial karts.
See:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/other_karts/Making_an_Electric_Vehicle.pdf

If you have any specific questions, just drop us an email.