[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Re: thanks

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Fri May 25 23:26:23 IST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: thanks
Date: 	Tue, 1 May 2012 01:18:31 +0300
From: 	Ami Rosen <>
To: 	Stephen Burke <>

a crazy gearbox....

2012/4/30 Stephen Burke

    Hi Ami,

    Thanks for the DWG File and Photo. The design looks good. You have put a
    lot of work into it!

    Reverse is difficult.
    It would be best if you could get a simple gearbox. However
    gearboxes can
    be very heavy and waste power.
    I created an image (attached to this email). You could use a set of
    (more!) pulleys, and twist the v-belt. This combined with a
    tensioner arm
    would allow a reverse option. The v-belt would wear quite quickly
    however
    as it would be twisted against itself.
    It is an idea to think about.

    I hope it helps. If you get any more photos of the tractor it would be
    good to see them.

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:29:33 +0300, Ami Rosen <>
    wrote:
    > Hi Steve /
    >
    > Attach a file of my design for your comments pls .
    > Do u have any idea how to make the tractor move revers .....?
    > A simple gearbox ?
    >
    > Sorry for my poor English , U.K. left Israel 65 years ago
    > I was only 5 years old that time ....
    >
    > Best regard
    >
    > Ami
    >
    >  בתאריך 24 באפריל 2012 22:12, מאת Stephen Burke
    >
    >> Hi Ami,
    >>
    >> Thanks for your email and good comments on the kartbuilding.net
    <http://kartbuilding.net/>
    website.