[Kartbuilding] Go Kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Sep 19 21:40:11 IST 2012

Hi Aaron,

I take it you have build the kart with the plans on:
http://kartbuilding.net/Wooden-Push-Cart/

If you apply some oil to the steering arms, it will make it easier to steer.
See:
http://kartbuilding.net/Wooden-Push-Cart/JPG_wooden_push_cart/Sheet-6_Lower-Chassis-Assembly-2.jpg
Also, when the kart is moving, is the steering OK? With any kart with a
standard steering setup, it is much easier to steer when the kart is moving.

Applying some oil or grease to the steering arms should resolve the issue.
If it doesn't then you may have to modify the "Track-Rod-Arm" and
increase its length from 70 to 100 or 120mm as on:
http://kartbuilding.net/Wooden-Push-Cart/JPG_wooden_push_cart/Sheet-6_Lower-Chassis-Assembly-2.jpg

Let us know how you get on, and I can put a note on the plans to help
others.