[Kartbuilding] fabricate a simpler way on hub on the rear

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Mar 27 22:12:43 GMT 2013

Hi Sonny,

It is OK to place the rear axle carrier underneath the chassis.
However - please note that this increases the ground clearance, and
raises the kart higher up off the ground.
For a racing kart, the objective is to have the chassis as low to the
ground as possible - and it is for this reason that the axle carrier is
typically above the chassis.

For the rear axle hubs, take a read through:
http://kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/axle.htm   and
http://kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/brakeandsprocket.htm

There is no easy way of making hubs for wheels to attach to the rear axle.
It is easiest if you can use the hubs from the wheels. Some wheels (
wheelbarrow wheels) don't have a separate hub, and they can be
welded/bolted directly to the rear axle.
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/?g2_page=3

If you are asking about suspension - telescopic shocks and springs from
the gp100, then it requires a lot of work. I never put suspension on any
of the karts I made - because it complicated the transmission.

On 12/02/2013 16:47, sonny bernales wrote:
> Re: good day to you sir burke.after searching so many times on the
> net,i finally bump at your site.i was so happy that i finally be at
> peace about how to fabricate a simpler way on hub on the rear,the rear
> axle,the carrier of the axle.now,i have an old motorcycle-suzuki
> gp100,and i was planning on making it as an ATC,could you give me some
> tips on how to make it in a simpler way?like fabricating the butterfly
> for the telescopic;or making your own version of the telescopic.and
> please sir burke,if you wouldn't mind putting the measurements...thank
> you so much,you really help a lot...

oh,another thing also sir burke....i would like to ask if is it okay to
place the rear axle carrier underneath the chassis instead of putting it
on top?