[Kartbuilding] WOODEN PUSH CART

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Mar 27 23:38:21 GMT 2013

Hi Trevor,

No, there is not a washer.

The steel bar is bent and hammered into shape. There is a loop made at
one end to form a 8mm hole.
The wooden push cart is designed to be made without welding.

The two track rods (bent to shape) just overlap on top of each other in
the middle (where the 8mm loop is formed/hammered).
Then the steering drop-arm goes through these holes.

Depending on the weight of the youngster, you could use 6mm steel bar to
make the track rods as there can be some pressure/strain on them.

Let us know if you have any other questions.