[Kartbuilding] printing go cart plans & using a bicycle motor

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Fri Sep 6 23:37:28 IST 2013

Hi Jonas,

Sorry for the slow reply.

1. Yes - you can of course print off the kart plans from
www.kartbuilding.net
2. You should be able to use that 66cc 2stroke engine
(
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/66cc-70cc-80cc-Motorised-Motorized-Bicycle-Push-Bike-2-Stroke-Motor-Engine-Kit-/281131114191?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4174b85ecf
)
It would be a little low powered however, but it should work.
That kit appears to come with a chain and sprockets! That would be
great. If you can attach the large sprocket to the rear axle, then you
are sorted.
You won't have much changes to the engine mounting frame.
You should be able to attach and secure your engine in the same location
as the lawnmower engine as on:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Lawnmower_Powered_Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/JPG-Plans-Metric/Drawing-16_Engine-Mounting-1.jpg