[Kartbuilding] General Query

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Dec 21 16:48:01 GMT 2006

Hi Alexander,

Without the engine and wheels - a kart can cost between 50 and 100 euros
to complete, depending on how much "proper" parts you buy (for the seat
and bearings etc.).

An old 100cc motorbike engine will cost approximately 75 euros to buy.
Again it would be possible to get a different engine cheaper.

As for costs - you can build a kart to suit any budget in my opinion.
Visit a metal scrap yard, a motorbike dismantlers and other such places
for great bargins. You could actually build the kart for 30 euros if you
got out and asked people for stuff etc.

Best of Luck and Happy Christmas,
-steve

P.S. If you do manage to start making the kart - take some photos and
email them on, and I can put up an article on the website
www.kartbuilding.net in the "other karts" section.